You have planned your promotion campaign, launched it and the final day has already arrived. Now what? There are a lot of things you should do after a promotion is finished. Check out our list of hints – there might be something you never thought about or didn’t know you could do!
Most of these steps are for sweepstakes and contests, but if you hosted a deal (like a coupon, group offer or a giveaway) you can find some useful info as well, so don’t stop reading.
#1. Check the subscribers’ list and ban if needed
You don’t want to pick yourself as a winner, right? You or your colleagues might have tested the promotion to see if it works correctly – now is the time to ban yourself – because it is not appropriate for you to get picked as a winner.
#2. Select winners
Under the ‘Winners’ tab you can pick your winner – just click on the ‘Get the winner’ button. It is good to know that in a sweepstakes the subscribers have chances based on the multiplication and sum of their viral and bonus entry points.
Important things on how to select winners: We usually recommend to our users that they should select more than one winner, as this will mean that the participants feel they have a better chance of winning. You can read more about it in the Psychological Factors of Facebook Contests.
Now let’s see how to select winners in Antavo:
1) In the case of sweepstakes (poll, draw, quiz)
- Randomly get winners based on their entry points from all of your subscribers.
- Randomly get winners from a specific number of subscribers with the most entry points.
- Get the first, second, third, etc. subscribers with the most entry points as the winners.
2) For contests (photo, video, essay, prezi)
- Randomly get a specific number of winners from the determined poll of the top entries.
- Get the top 1, 2, 3, etc. voted entries.
- You can manually choose the winner(s).
- You can select winners among the voters similar to America’s got talent – If you honour the voters then the engagement and viral nature of your promotion will be deeper. You can choose manually, or get random winners. You can also choose winners randomly from a specific number of voters, who were the most active during the contest.
#3. Send out messages to the winners from Antavo’s plaform
After you have selected the winners, you can send them emails from Antavo’s platform. This way they have to check their email box. You can send messages to different groups:
1) In the case of sweepstakes (poll, draw, quiz)
- Winners: besides informing them of the good news, you can also take this as an opportunity to ask them whether you can announce them on your Facebook page, website and/or other social media channels. In addition, you can ask them whether they would be willing to take a photo of their grand prize and send it back to you.
- Non-winners: They will be interested to know the outcome of the promotion. It is also an opportunity to upsell: “Unfortunately this time you didn’t win the grand prize, but let us offer you a 5% discount from your next order.”
2) In the case of contests (photo, video, essay, prezi)
- All winners and non-winners – just like for sweepstakes (explained above).
- Winner entrants: as well as the good news, you can also ask them to let you publish their entries on your Facebook page, website and/or other social media channels.
- Winner voters: voters will feel excited that their hard work is honoured and you can ask them the same questions as discussed previously for the ‘winners’.
#4. Announce the winner
Winning is always good – and you can create a real buzz from it on your Facebook Page. Moreover, the other participants and the friends of your winner will most likely have some nice words to say to your winner,and they will like the image, comment under it and share!
If you have other channels where you interact with your customers – e.g. your blog – share the winner’s name there as well!
#5. Post an image of the winner receiving the prize
If you hand the prize personally to the winner and not via post, make a picture of the event! Then share the picture on your Facebook page or blog. – This increases your trustworthiness and credibility, because others can see that the participants really recieve their prizes!
If the grand prize arrives via post to your winner, ask them to take a picture of themselves with the product and ask them to post some words about how they feel receiving the prize.
#6. Sync subscribers with your email provider
When your promotion has finished, you should then transfer the collected email addresses into your newsletter system. There are 3 options for this in Antavo:
1) If your newsletter provider is Active Campaign, Benchmark, Mad Mimi, etc.
Under the ’Audience’ tab, it is possible to list your subscribers in 5 different formatted groups (all, brand advocates, super fans, active fans and sleepers) based on their engagement level. You can sync these groups to your newsletter system and then send out special deals or news for each individual group. This list is automatically refreshed based upon your subscribers’ activity.
You can sync all of the collected email addresses with Mail Chimp or Aweber. In order to do this, you should go to the ’Subscribers’ label (you can find this in your completed promotion after clicking on ’Statistics’) and then transfer your subscribers to the selected newsletter provider.
3) Your newsletter provider is not listed in Antavo:
If you can’t find your newsletter provider in Antavo, then under the ’Subscribers’ label (this can be found within your completed promotion), you can export your subscribers’ list in ODS or CSV format. After you have done this, it is then possible to import the file into your newsletter system.
#7. At contests: download the entries
When your contest (especially your photo contest) has ended you can download the collected images and use them as crowdsourced materials on your site. This will create deeper engagement and more buzz on your page, because people love to see their own content.
+1. Congratulate the opinion leaders and engage with them
It is important to remember that it is not only the ‘grand prize winner’ who deserves a congratulatory message; your opinion leaders also do! These are the subscribers who have the most viral points – they have shared your promotion the most and invited the most friends to subscribe.
Even if they didn’t win this time, they deserve a commendation. They will be happy to see their names displayed and this will give your promotion even more credibility. This is because you demonstrated sincere respect to all users and also you have eradicated the opportunity for anyone to accuse your promotion of being fake.
The most important thing is that…
Now that you know your potential customers you can start working on converting them into paying customers. Put them into your newsletter list or CRM system. Gain their trust and engage with them.7+1 To do’s After Your Promotion Campaign Ended by Zsuzsa Kecsmar
Latest posts by Zsuzsa Kecsmar (see all)
- [INFOGRAPHIC] 12 Smooth Contest Ideas to Amuse Your Customers in 2015 - January 20, 2015
- 5 Little-known Brainy Tactics for Successful Contests & Sweepstakes - October 14, 2014
- Facebook Bans The Like-gate, Should You Be Frightened? – 8 Experts Weigh-in - August 18, 2014